2014 Dewar Shield Draw Released
Competition to kick off earlier to accommodate NRC
The 2014 Dewar Shield fixture has been released, and as the competition goes from strength to strength so too do the standout features of the draw.
In 2014, some of these key features include:
- The competition commencing four weeks earlier than 2013 (March 22nd) in order to accommodate the new National Rugby Championship
- The Grand Final will be played on August 16th
- The top five finals series of 2013 will be replaced with a top four finals series in 2014
- Harlequin and Melbourne will play a Grand Final re-match in Round One. Round One will also see Moorabbin play Footscray, with both sides having qualified for the Semi-finals in 2013
- The Round Eleven, June long weekend matches will be played at venues which can host Friday night matches
- All RaboDirect Rebels players have been appointed a Dewar Shield club, and if they are not selected in the match 23 or injured they will be playing in the Dewar Shield on a weekly basis
For the full 2014 Dewar Shield draw, please click here.
Rebels Media Unit